Monday, September 28, 2009

38 weeks

I'm 38 weeks now. I went in for my midwife appointment today, which I thought would be my last before this baby is born, and was still only dilated to 2cm. Ugh! I was really hoping for some more progress on that front, but oh well. Obee has been working over at their house all month, remodeling their bathroom and putting in a new shower for them, etc. He STILL isn't done and I don't think the midwives want me to have the baby (and Obee either for that matter) until he's finished at least the shower so they can use it. I don't really blame them, but c'mon, I'm really getting tired of waiting for him to be done with this project. It's partly my own fault because I've been having him work fewer hours than usual so he can pick Hayden up from school everyday. I guess it's a trade off, because I am so tired in the afternoons and really don't feel like waking up a grumpy 2yr old from her nap to go get Hayden and then going through the whole homework routine and trying to keep the girls entertained at the same time thing by myself in the afternoons!

I think this baby will be our biggest yet! My belly is getting so huge. We've been talking daily walks everynight with the kids, and it has been some nice family time together before they go to bed. Some nights are easier than others, depending on how tired the kids are and what the day was like! I find that I want to walk "longer" than the rest of the family, so we've started having Hayden ride in the bike trailer stroller and the girls in the double jogger. That way we don't have to worry about anyone freaking out in the middle of the walk because they're tired and grumpy. :)

As you can see, I had to take this picture of my OWN belly! I don't know how some ladies do it. I could not take a clear picture of myself for the life of me! Anyway, this is the best shot I got, standing in the bathroom trying to snap the shot before the kids came in and wanted to take pictures of their own. lol

1 comment:

mom said...

come by tomorrow aftn and I will take a pic for you silly