Thursday, July 2, 2009

Freezing, Freezing, Freezing!

No, it's definitely NOT freezing cold here, but I have been busy "freezing" meals for us to have after the baby is born. Why didn't I ever do this before??? I've been looking up all kinds of recipes that are good for freezing and eating later, and it has totally been my obsession this week! I've thought about having a little "cooking" party where I invite a few friends over and we all cook a couple of dishes for each other to freeze for later, but nobody I've mentioned it to seems real interested in the idea. I can't really blame them though, because if it was someone else's idea and I wasn't trying to simplify life after baby, cooking wouldn't really sound that fun to me either! I am hoping to set aside one day this month and one day in August to just cook all day and make a bunch of casserole's, soups, etc for the freezer for the end of Sept., Oct. and Nov. So far, what I'm doing is just doubling whatever we make for dinner and then putting the extra batch in the freezer. So far we've made a batch of Taco Soup and 4 mini pizza's to freeze. :)

If anyone has any good recipes to share that you've already frozen and know it still tastes good after cooking it, please feel free to share! I would love any new ideas!

No comments: