Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wow, how time flies!

Life has been such a whirlwind since Evan was born, and time seems to just be flying by! I cannot believe that in less than a week, I will be back to work again. Evan is almost THREE months old now and my Elliebelle will be 5 in a little over a week! Sheesh, if only I could slow down time. Just a little bit.
We made it through the 2009 Holidays just fine and we're now looking at starting another new routine. Obee will be staying at home with the kids (spending half the day in the car transporting to and from school and Evan to my work for feedings) while I'm back managing the tax office. I'm looking forward to getting back to work, but sad to be away from the kids for some many hours over the next four months. I'm sure it will pass quickly, as it does every year though! I'll go ahead and give a brief rundown with pictures of all the latest and greatest (did I really just write that? ...lol) over the last few months:
October:
For Halloween we had a Ninja, Cinderella, a bunny rabbit, and a duck at our house. We went very LOW maintenance on Halloween this year and pulled ALL the costumes right out of the playroom dress up box, except for the Cinderella costume that was given to us by a friend! Very easy! The kids had a great time trick or treating. Jordyn did the first street, then decided it was all just "too scawry" for her and stayed in the stroller for the remainder of the night. The kids all chose to trade in their candy to the Halloween Fairy who brought them a fun spongebob Operation game in return.
My mom came over and babysat for Obee and I so we could get out for a few hours to attend my friend Lupita's Halloween party. It was sweet of her to come watch the kids and it felt good getting out just the TWO of us. I went as a nerd and Obee as a cub scout. ;)
November:
I'm lucky enough to have met some very talented photographer friends through my midwife who is also a photographer. The three of them came over to our house when Evan was 5 wks old and did a beautiful photo shoot. Here are a couple of the photos from that:
Hayden earned his Bobcat award in cub scouts, along with 5 of his belt loop awards and three pins for things such as Basketball, soccer, baseball, ice skating, and learning about a foreign culture. We are very proud of how hard he worked to earn these things!We spent Thanksgiving at my parents house this year, drama free for the most part...yay! We wanted leftovers, so we invited them back over to our house the Saturday afterward for another thanksgiving meal. I think we'll all be fine waiting another year to have turkey and stuffing again! If you know me, you know that the highlight of Thanksgiving for me is actually the day AFTER...black Friday! I went out with my hardcore shopping team and got almost all of our Christmas shopping done that day.
December:
It actually snowed in Rocklin and Loomis this year! Hayden was so excited to build a snowman (a small one hee hee) at school during recess, and Jordyn got to play at Gramma's house in it! I think I was 5, the last time it snowed THIS much around here!
Christmas Eve and Christmas morning were at our house this year. My parents, Niece Haley, and two of my brothers even came here at 6am on Christmas morning to join us in the present opening. The kids enjoyed so much having their Gramma and Grampa here! Afterward, we all went out to breakfast and then over to my parents for the rest of the day. It was a really nice day and I cannot believe that we're already about to begin 2010! I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year!

And Jordyn and Ellie decided to end 2009 with something spectacular...like rolling in the mud! They almost make it look like something we should all be doing!

No comments: