Lying awake in bed the other night I came up with the idea to make him this little flannel rag quilt for him to take to the hospital with him. I made one of these for Ellie when she was a baby, and she still loves it to this day! (Poor Jordyn and Hayden never got one because honestly, I really hate cutting all those squares out! Sewing isn't really my forte!) Anyway...back to the blanket.... The heart in the middle symbolizes Evan and his special little heart. I wanted the hand prints of his family members on the blanket too so when he is all wrapped up in the blanket, he can feel all of us loving and hugging him. On the blanket we have Hayden, Ellie, Gramma across the top row. Daddy and Mommy right next to the heart in the middle. And Grampa, Jordyn, and cousin Haley across the bottom.
| Front of "rag" quilt |
| Back of Quilt |
I feel like people must think I'm "Obsessed" with Evan's upcoming surgery. Really though, I probably AM. It's just about all I can think about. No matter how many times people tell me they know someone who had the same thing done, and it was JUST fine....I still can't help but think how horrible it's all going to be. EVEN with everything happening perfectly as it should, it's still upsetting to me that it has to happen at ALL. Making the blanket, collecting the beads, figuring out what I'm going to pack for our hospital stay....these are the things that are keeping me from going absolutely crazy, so I guess if it makes me seem obsessed, oh well. I do realize there are other things going on in the world, but right now this seems like the most important one to me.



2 comments:
You and all the kids are very welcome. I was glad to be included. It's cute and does exactly what you wanted it to do. He will cherish it as an old man!!
it is beautiful Mandy! And very special.
If you want to see pictures of Johnny's journey in a new light, let me know. There are sweet before and sweet after pics, but the recovery pics are graphic and moving. I found it healthy for me to understand what I would walk into in the PICU medically when I saw another moms pics before Johnny's surgery.
They are on my fb page photos.
Above all though, express yourself however you need to! It is a good thing and no one should judge you for how you handle things. <3 <3
Renee
Post a Comment