It's been so long since I've posted anything on here! Since tax season ended April 15th, our lives have been such a whirlwind of one thing after another and lack of rest. It's crazy how quickly time flies when you are so super busy. Let's see.... Since I haven't updated anything with us on here since Ellie's birthday party in JANUARY, I'll do my best to go through and give a summary of all that has happened since then. From January through April, life was pretty much a blur for me as I was pretty much only part of the family on Sunday's and weekday morning's before work. I am definitely NOT working as many hours next year, as it was really hard on the kids, me and the family altogether having me away so much of the time. Plus, I just plain missed them!
February 2009
Most of you already know, but we found out that we are expecting #4 in February! We are very excited as we had always planned to have 4, even though we hadn't "planned" for it to happen just yet! It WAS fun to know we actually got pregnant without hardly even trying this time, after all we had to go through to get pregnant with the girls.
April 2009
As tax season was about to come to an end, we got some big news. Our landlord called the last week of tax season to let us know that he was almost facing foreclosure, so his mother was going to bail him out and try to buy the house.... BUT she wanted to move herself and her granddaughter in the house. We were told that we had to be out by June 1st, but they weren't going to charge us rent for the month of May. Well, this wasn't such a blessing. Our lives were consumed with finding a house that would fit our family well, was still in the area, and was in our price range. When we FINALLY found one (after looking at a gazillion different houses), we had to act on it fast and they wanted it rented by May 1st. Needless to say, our May rent was more than usual, my job had just ended and the landlords of the first house were trying to move the lady's stuff in the 2nd weekend in May, before we had even started packing! I could go on forever about all the drama that went on, but will save from the blog. 



The kids had a hard time having to move, but I think they've all adjusted well now and this new house really feels more like "home" than the other one did anyway. Plus it's smaller and MUCH easier to keep neat and tidy! Our new neighborhood is a very shady and the kids have been spending most of the day in the backyard. Even though it's small, it's very peaceful and cool back there!
The worst thing about having to move (besides all the work!) was that we were not able to take our dog Ziggy, or our swing set with us. This was hard for the entire family, but we found a great home for Ziggy where he will be well cared for and loved very much. Below is Jordyn VERY unhappy about losing her swings, and Hayden posing for his last pictures with Ziggy.....



Our new backyard.... and as you can see, Obee put up some swings for the kids! Yay!





2 comments:
It is so fun to have the posting again. I always know this stuff but love hearing you tell about it. I will try to show Hayden the swings in the morning.
Mom
Glad to see you're back in the blogosphere!
Sorry about having to move, but it sounds like it's for the better!
Love the pics!
Post a Comment