Monday, June 22, 2009

Our 1st Camping Trip of the Season :)

Last month, my friends and I decided we were going to take all of our families on a camping trip this summer! This past weekend, we all loaded up our camping gear and went up to Scott's Flat Lake for Father's Day weekend. The kids had the greatest time all playing together, getting dirty and going out on the lake. Us adults had fun just sitting around the fire at night and getting time to hang out, all of us together with our families! It was a lot of work packing, setting up, taking down camp and unpacking again. I think next time we camp it will have to be for more than just two nights!
Hayden with his buddy, JohnnyOur campground tree, which Hayden and Ellie didn't seem to discover until the last day, surprisingly!On Saturday afternoon, we decided to rent a cheap little fishing boat to take the kids out on the lake. This was one of the highlights of the entire weekend for the kids (and us too I think!) We had fun going full speed, just floating around eating lunch on the lake, and finding our special swimming spot! Hayden and Ellie each got to take a turn driving the boat....This is our own little special swimming spot where we parked the boat and went for a private swim in the lake. It was such a pretty spot, but I couldn't get the best pictures with the lens I had on the camera!Jordyn and her friend Lucia blowing bubbles....
Ellie, Leilani, and Jordyn painting rocks. What fun! My friends and I for a group picture, just us four. (This was the last day and I REALLY wasn't looking my best as you can see!)Our group picture of all the kids! :)And of course, a typical "family portrait" of US! Sheesh!

1 comment:

Kathy and Ed said...

Looks like everyone had fun. The kids are looking so grown up lately! Good to see your friends too.