Saturday, October 3, 2009

39 weeks...and no baby yet!

Well, this is officially the LONGEST I've ever been pregnant for. I never thought I would make it past yesterday, just based on when my other three arrived, but apparently I have set myself up for a little disappointment! Who knows WHEN this little one plans on making his/her appearance. I'm getting anxious to meet this baby, and while I am not really minding the fact that I'm still pregnant, what is driving me crazy is the whole not knowing WHEN it will all happen. Geez, I'm such a control freak! It's hard though, making plans for our week and not really knowing which plans we'll be able to keep or not. Hopefully the full moon tonight will have some effect on us and set labor into motion. Every night we put the kids to bed telling them that this might be "the" night and preparing them for what will happen when mommy goes into labor. I'm hoping for another super quick delivery like Jordyn's (well, maybe two hours instead of just one hour would be nicer) so that the kids will be able to sleep through everything until the moment when the baby is coming out. That worked out so perfectly last time. I'm so happy to be having this baby at home, like my girls were. I can't wait for that time after he/she is born and the whole family is snuggled up in the bed admiring our newest family member. I'm so hormonal right now, that I'm almost in tears just thinking about it!

A couple of weeks ago, one of my midwives who loves photography, and two other photographers got together to do our first maternity shoot on a mom who was pregnant with twins. Tomorrow morning we're all going to meet up over at the midwives home and go over the pictures that we got, and then deliver them to the twins mom and dad. I'm going over to their house a little earlier though, for my prenatal appt. This one BETTER be the last one I have to go to before baby arrives! Hopefully, my body will have made some progress showing that this baby is going to arrive soon. :)

Oh, and I'm REALLY not looking my best in this picture! None of my shirts are long enough to cover my belly anymore, and we were just getting ready to go on our nightly walk. The girls were already in their PJ's.

No comments: