Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Welcome Evan Gabriel Boungnasiri

Today at 1:58am we welcomed our sweet baby boy, Evan, into the world! He was born here at home, into the hands of his mommy and welcomed with kisses from Daddy, Hayden, Ellie, Jordyn and Gramma!
Evan's birth was beautiful and I'm so happy that we were able to have another great home birth where we could all be a part of welcoming him into our family! My contractions began about 11:30pm, and we called the midwives and my mom to come on over right away since they were very intense like the ones when Jordyn was born. After Jordyn's birth (about an hour of Labor) I had said that I would have preferred a couple more hours of labor this time. WELL, I got what I wished for I guess! My total labor was 2 1/2 hours long. Although it was quick and everything worked out perfectly, Evan's birth took more of a toll on my body than Jordyn's did. His water bag never broke and it took SO much out of me pushing it out! In some ways it felt like I had to give birth to two babies because I had to push that out until we eventually broke it, and then HIM!My mom woke the kids up before he was born, and they were so excited to be a part of everything. They all rubbed his head and kissed him while we were still in the tub, and then when Evan and I got out, we all cuddled up in the bed together for awhile until they had to go back to bed and get some sleep for school the next day.
We got the tub and everything all set up the night before....
We set the video camera up on a tripod on top of the bathroom counter to make sure it could not get tipped over, and nobody would stand right in front of it this time! Before my mom and the midwives arrived, we kept track of the contractions online on contraction master.... Here we are hanging out between contractions, about a 1/2 hour before Evan was born. I love t his picture because we both look so excited and happy about the impending arrival of our little guy!
First Kisses!
This is my absolute FAVORITE part of having a home birth! The whole family cuddling up in our bed and getting to know our newest member of the family!
We also feel very lucky because Evan had somehow made a double knot in his cord! The midwives said they had never seen anything like it before, the way he had it all knotted up more than once. It was quite interesting to see. If this picture is too graphic for you (cord and placenta) sorry but don't look.....

No comments: