This afternoon, my friend Renee (who has also been down this road) posted this on my Facebook page:
Dear Mandy's Friends and everyone who knows Evan, Please pass this on to everyone who knows them!
♥ Send a heart shaped bead to Evan to show your support, love, positive thoughts and prayers for his open heart surgery ♥ ...
When my son had open heart surgery as a baby, friends from all over the world did something very special for us that, to this day, my family treasures. Each person who prayed for him (or sent a positive thought) send us a heart shaped bead in the mail.They were VERY precious to our family and encouragement flowed through the door daily bringing tears to my eyes as mason jar after mason jar of colorful beads began to fill up. My kids and I started stringing the heart beads on fishing line and after his surgery we hung and looped them all around his room at the hospital. It was very special to us and I encourage you all to do this for Mandy and the family as well!!
I have been trying to think of something special we can do for Evan while he is in the hospital. I decided to make him a blanket (which I'll post pictures of once it's finished), but being able to string the heart beads together with our family to hang in his room would be SO wonderful! I usually have a hard time asking for things/help, just because that's how I am. This is one thing I can say we would all LOVE though, and any hearts you would like to send us to let us know that you are thinking of Evan would be so so appreciated! How fun it will be to show him these when he is older too!
If you would like to send Evan a bead, email me for our home address (mandyboungnasiri@sbcglobal.net) or send it to the PO BOX address below:
EVAN BOUNGNASIRI
PO BOX 1140
LOOMIS, CA 95650
Thank you!!!!
And Thank You Renee, for sharing this with us!!!! :)
And Thank You Renee, for sharing this with us!!!! :)




1 comment:
my pleasure!
A tip for everyone who plans on doing this to help your beads arrive safely in the mail: wrap the bead/s in a small plastic baggie and have the post office HAND STAMP the envelope.
We had quite a few empty envelopes with holes in them show up after the post office sorting machines "ate" the beads. :-(
If you have a prayer chain or entire church praying, send a bag of plastic craft beads that represent the amount of people in your group praying!
The bonding involved with sitting around with the family doing a project a little at a time, or daily bringing the entire family together to string beads is VERY HEALING emotionally. Just the senses involved in opening, holding, stringing, and knowing you are NOT ALONE during a time like Mandy's family are going through will mean so much.
There are many beautiful glass or clay beads out there, lots of colorful plastic beads out there, and strange as it may seem, five years later I can still touch and sort through the hundreds and hundreds of heart shaped beads that were sent to my sweet Johnny before his open heart surgery and remember the emotions involved in this simple gesture of family and friends.
We love you Mandy and family!! <3 <3 <3
Renee
Post a Comment