Monday, October 4, 2010

2 Days until Open Heart Surgery

Chillin' at dinner tonight

So the kids went to stay at my parents house last night, so we don't risk exposing Evan to any germs they might bring home from school, just before his surgery. Wouldn't that be crazy if he got sick now? I can't imagine having to postpone everything another month, this waiting part is horrible. I just want it to be over, so I know he's okay and I don't have to worry and wonder and let my mind go crazy over everything anymore. Obee and I enjoyed spending the day with Evan and being able to focus all of our attention on just him. I do miss Hayden, Ellie and Jordyn though! I'm happy they're having a good time with Gramma, Grampa and cousin Haley so they don't miss us quite as much as we miss them! hehe.


 All along I've had it in my head that we needed to get Evan some button down one piece outfits so that once he can have clothes on, it will still be easy to just unbutton his outfit to accommodate all of the wires and tubes that will be coming out of his chest. I was on a mission today to find him a few of these outfits, but the type that don't have closed feet (since he hates socks and foot jammies). I finally found a few at Old Navy, and purchased them. Then it suddenly occurred to me tonight that he probably will NOT be able to wear them, because of the long sleeves. I completely forgot that he will have an IV in his arm, and I don't think it will fit under the sleeves of the outfits. SO frustrating! This is the kind of stuff they don't tell you about... Or maybe I'm just WAY over thinking things. Probably.
Check out those chompers up top!
Tomorrow we go to the hospital for all of the pre op tests and to see his cardiologist. Should be an all day thing. Hopefully I'll be able to ask some of my last minute questions tomorrow and it all goes smoothly. Then, we have to check in at the hospital on Wed. by 3pm for his surgery on Thurs. morning.

 We are still receiving heart shaped beads in the mail for Evan...Thank you SO much!!!! We love every one of them, and have yet to receive the same bead from two different people. We have filled up one small jar and are having so much fun going through them!!! I plan to keep them all close with me while we wait for him during the surgery.


No comments: