 |
| Evan with his very special cardiologist. He is the best!!! |
So last Friday, Evan had his follow up visit with Dr. Manohar (his cardiologist), and yesterday he had his post op xray and visit with the surgeon's office. He is doing SO wonderfully, even better than I ever could have hoped for! He hasn't had any Tylenol for almost a week now, and doesn't seem to need it either. Sometimes I wish he wasn't so little so we could explain to him that he just had open heart surgery, and he needs to let himself rest and heal! Yeah right! He sure doesn't think so! Because he isn't walking yet, and loves loves LOVES to crawl, caring for him has been a little more difficult in some aspects. For instance, we must either hold him in our arms ALL the time, OR he can go in his walker. It's funny, because before the surgery he absolutely HATED the walker (I even almost donated it) but now he loves it since it's his only source of freedom from us! 'Haha! I worry about putting him in it too often though, because he does push on his belly and chest to make race through the house! If we put him on the floor, or in the crib, he goes straight to the crawling position. The countdown is on....4 more weeks til Evan can CRAWL!
 |
| "Oh noooo, Not AGAIN mom!!!!" |
 |
| Incision 8 days post op |
.JPG) |
| Incision 12 days post op, Looks good!! Our little warrior should be proud of that scar! |
 |
| I said No more pictures MOM!!! |
 |
| Taken today....Mmmm bouncy ball! |
We have had the kids home this week...sort of. We decided we missed them too darn much to have them gone so long!!! They have been switching off nights between home and my parents house, and it has been some great one on one time with each of them too. I think I have the best kids ever! {Okay, okay...I know...every mom thinks that right?? Especially when they've been gone for two weeks!} I'll come back to reality in a few days, but for now I'm going to just enjoy the abundance of love!
Anyway, Evan is doing great. Thank you for all of the delicious meals, and for those to come! I cannot tell you enough how absolutely WONDERFUL it has been not having to worry about cooking dinner while holding Evan at the same time!!!
 |
| Quick trip in the fresh air to Green Acres |
 |
| This girl is gonna move mountains someday!!! |
On a side note, I came down with the most horrible pain in the back of my ear on Sunday. Within hours, my ear, face and neck became red, swollen, and HOT to the touch. I went to the ER on Sunday morning where the ER doc basically had no idea what the problem was. He gave me two antibiotics and sent me on my way, suggesting that I might have shingles. I was pretty sure I didn't, and wondered how antibiotics would help with shingles, but figured I'd give em a whirl. The pain and swelling continually got worse over the last two days, to the point where it was unbearable. I went back to the ER this morning, where called an ENT in right away. He said I probably have cellulitis, and prescribed a different antibiotic, steroids, and some pain meds. After one dose, I am already feeling slightly better! I go back to see the ENT on Friday, so please keep your fingers crossed that I'm well by then! Thank you!
1 comment:
So glad he's doing well!
Post a Comment