As the title says, Halloween IS just around the corner and I cannot believe how quickly it seems to be coming! I've finally decided on what the kids will be this year and am on the search for a cupcake costume pattern or a link to where I can buy a super cute one online. If you know of where I can find either of these, PLEASE email me or put the link to it in the comments on the blog!HAYDEN has decided to be spiderman once again, which isn't my choice of things I would like him to be (there are much cuter things out there in my opinion), but he insists on it and I wouldn't want to ruin his Halloween by making him where a costume he's not excited about. His spiderman costume from last year has had its share of use playing dress up, and the zipper is shot. I lucked out a couple of weeks ago and found him another one that is like new that he can wear though.
ELLIE has been obsessed with the book pinkalicious for the last few months, so what better for her to be than PINKALICIOUS herself! Pinkalicious is a super cute story about a little girl who insists on eating more and more of the pink cupcakes that her and her mom made on a rainy day. The more she eats, the more pink she becomes. Finally she's so pink that she turns red, which she isn't as pleased with, so she has to eat all green stuff to turn back to normal. The little girl in the book, kind of looks like Ellie anyway so it'll be cute. I couldn't think of what to do for Jordyn's costume to coordinate the girls at least and my mom came up with the best idea!
JORDYN will be a big pink cupcake! Now we just have to find a costume or pattern for it!



3 comments:
Oh my goodness that is SUCH a great idea! My girls LOVE Pinkalicious! I've read it SO many times that they've memorized it and read it to each other now. BTW - Icing on the cupcake in Rocklin sells pinkalicious cupcakes! It's a great treat for my girls and I thought I'd pass it along! Take care, Chandra
Here's some stuff I found online for cupcakes. I'm sure you can make one pretty easily!
http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/homemade-halloween-costume.html#c8
http://wondertime.go.com/create-and-play/article/cupcake-costume.html
Gee Susan thanks for looking, we were looking last night and have sort of formulated a plan. We will see. Wish me luck. I think it's a great idea too.
Post a Comment