THE UPS:
- The smiles are back!
- We are loving our nice big hospital bed that we can lay right next to him in
- We no longer need a fulltime nurse in our room 24/7 (so I don't have to be quite so embarrassed about not being able to carry a tune when singing lullabies to my lil' guy)
- Bubbas can keep his heart rate up now, and we got to remove the pacemaker wires altogether
- The nurse that told me to leave the room every time Evan cried is off for the weekend
- Evan got to try to breastfeed today
- We are off of ALL the meds, except for tylenol, diuretics to drain fluids, and antibiotics
THE DOWNS:
- Evan can't keep any food down anymore (he had 1 day of pedialyte feedings, and one day of bottle fed breast milk feedings with no problems, but today he is refusing my milk, and ends up throwing up with just one sip of it)
- Evan is hungry, but can't eat because he's throws it up :(
- The final chest drainage tube has to stay in for another day
- Oxygen stays on for at least one more day
- Obee and I are so exhausted from lack of sleep that we had a bad morning of being irritated with each other (luckily a shower for each of us, and lunch helped that tremendously)
- Although Evan is SO much better today, I feel like something is "off." I can't put my finger on what it is, other than the fact that he's super sweaty, vomiting, and can't/won't eat. The doctors tell me it's a side effect from the general anesthesia, but it seems odd to me that he had liquids just fine for two days after surgery, and this is happening just now. If anyone has any ideas/advice to offer about this, I would love to hear it!



1 comment:
He looks great. Maybe symptoms are being out of his normal routine ? I would suggest talk w surgeon and let him know your concerns, instincts of moms are always good and you will also always worry about them
Post a Comment