
How did my little guy get so big? Seriously! I cannot believe I have a SIX year old, wow. We did a lot of little things today to try and make his day as special as he makes us feel just to have him! :) When he woke up this morning, he woke up to his room decorated with balloons (a tradition from my childhood that we've passed down to our kids). He actually woke up super early and came and crawled into our bed, which he hasn't done in a very long time. It was fun waking up to him and his excitement and to have him right there to smother with hugs and kisses before he was awake enough to run from them! Apparently, I've got some kind of cooties now so hugs and kisses from mom are cause for him to run the other way.

Last night I had set up his morning gift on the table, along with a birthday note from Obee (He had to leave to work super early), a spiderman place mat, and a box of Fruit Loops - which he has been BEGGING me to buy this entire last month. He thought that was pretty awesome!
After the kids were all ready to leave for school, he got to open his present, which was a new transformer backpack. While he was in school, my mom and I rushed around buying his birthday gifts. Around 2pm, I took in Magic Bars that Gramma made for him to share with his class. They all sang Happy Birthday to him in the version that he got to choose. He chose the "Cha Cha Cha" version, much to the disappointment of a few of the boys in class who wanted him to choose the "you look like a monkey and you smell like one too" version. Haha.

Next, I went to pick up the girls from Daycare so they could be there to pick him up from school. My mom and Haley met us there and when he walked out we all greeted him with balloons and a very detailed birthday card made for him from Ellie. Next we came home and the kids watched HS Musical 2 (his favorite movie) while I tried to pick up the house and get things ready for dinner. We cooked up the Mac N Cheese my mom made - per Hayden's request - and had a great dinner.

For his birthday, we signed him up for Cub Scouts and he got to open his hat, book, belt and the whole uniform as his gift from us. It was fun watching him try to figure out what it all meant.
Gramma and Grampa got him some very long awaited and wished for Heely's which were definitely the hit of the gifts! He spent most of the evening before bed rolling around the house and mastering the Heely technique! After that, he came up stairs in his entire scout uniform and wanted to wear it to bed and for his fishing party tomorrow. I had him take it off and told him we would think on it about wearing it fishing tomorrow. He looked so darn cute in it though! Gotta get a picture.

Sorry this ended up being a novel! I really meant to post the pictures and make it quick and short. Oh well. I'm sure there will be another novel for you tomorrow after his Fishing party with his friends! Off to bed for now..... :)

3 comments:
It was a wonderful day Hayden for all of us. I love to see you so happy! And wow, look at those wheelies go! We love you, our six year old boy!!!
Okay they are heelies not wheelies!!! And stayed tuned for the horrible picture of me she will soon post in order to get even with me over the one I posted of her at the fair. Sorry, I didn't think it was too bad....
Happy Birthday Hayden, glad to hear you had a fun filled day!
Post a Comment