

Well, tomorrow the girls start their first day at their new daycare. I've been going crazy tonight getting everything ready for them to go tomorrow morning. I hope I haven't
forgotten anything. I packed up some extra changes of clothes for them, since I'm sure they'll get messy having fun over there painting and playing in the sand and water.

I feel really good about the place we chose for them. After visiting just about every daycare place in the area, this one seems to be the best fit for them. It's an in home daycare and the lady, Patty, who runs it is very loving and nurturing with them. She has her whole house and yard set up for the kids to play, explore, paint, swing, read and do just about anything a kid would want to do! I've been there to visit three times now, and the girls twice and both times Ellie and
Jordyn just took off playing and making new friends. If you know Ellie, you know that is SO unlike her to leave my side in such situations so it makes me feel a little better leaving her for the day. This morning Ellie was in our art room working on a special gift for her little friend Ashley that goes there. It was so sweet of her to think of that all on her own, and I was very proud of my little
Elliebelle! Another reason we decided to go with the in home daycare, as opposed to a big center, is that the girls can be together the entire day this way. All of the big places we checked out, the girls would have to be in separate classrooms all day because of their age difference. As close as they are, I couldn't stand the thought of them both being alone all day without each other!


For now, they'll just be going there from 8:30 in the morning, until after we pick Hayden up from School at 3:10pm. They'll be napping there too, so I packed up their special blankets my mom made them that they sleep with every night to snuggle up with at
nap time. I think I might try to make them each a little blanket and pillow this weekend that we can leave at the daycare for them as their special "daycare blanket."


I stole these pictures from her website, just to give you an idea of where they'll be and what projects they'll be doing!
No comments:
Post a Comment