Tuesday, August 26, 2008

******Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn*******


So last night was pretty much the night from H*** here at our house. Jordyn has been sick with a nasty cold the last few days and last night Hayden came down with a bad fever during the middle of the night. I woke up around 1am to him in our bed burning up. With him squeezing into our bed, I ended up in a weird position and now have the most unbearable kink in my neck and shoulder blade. I can't turn my head to the left at ALL! Hopefully it will go away soon.


Hayden was upset that I wanted him to move to the middle of the bed, so he proceeded to cry and be angry for the next THREE hours!!!! Yes, he was sobbing inconsolably for three hours straight. I was pretty darn patient with him since I knew he wasn't feeling well, but when he decided he should move his mattress off of his bed and bring it into our room I had about reached my limit of being patient and tired. Ahhhhk.


Finally around 4:45 ish he decided to fall back to sleep (in our bed). Right when I began to fall asleep, Jordyn woke up and wanted to nurse. SO, did that, got her back to sleep. JUST when I began to fall asleep again, Obee's phone alarm went off right under my pillow. I am so tired and probably not even making sense right now!


SO, when everyone woke up they all seemed fine and not sick anymore. I let Hayden go to school, but sent a note in to his teacher explaining he had been up not feeling well all night and to call me if he seemed worse again. I went on my merry way, got to where I had to go, only to find out it had been canceled! I figured maybe I could get a little nap in before picking up the kids, even though I would feel guilty about it.


Well, when I got to my car.....I realized I had locked the keys in my car!!!!! Sounds like a great day, so far don't ya think? I waited an hour or so for the road side assistance guy to come unlock my car and when I got in it - it wouldn't start! Totally my fault. Since we were running late, I had no time to put gas in and I knew I was running on empty. I got out of the car and tried to chase down the tow guy who unlocked me, but he was already gone. SO, I got BACK in my car and BEGGED it to just start! Luckily it did start and I'm home now just trying not to fall asleep (because if I do, I might not wake up in time) before I go pick up the kids from school!


Hopefully nothing else goes wrong today. I'm too exhausted to deal with it. Oh, and Obee and I both have colds now too. I'm sure Ellie will be next. Sorry for the rant, just had to get it out.

3 comments:

The Brooks Family said...

I hope your day got better, and i was happy to talk you while you were waiting. Get a good nights rest.

Crystal Props said...

Ok, I will try this agian. You and your family look great! Do you still have time to scrap? I need to get back into the habit. Since Canyon is in school all day and Austin is naping one time a day for 2-4 hours I have more time! I am still looking for some scrapping friends though. I need your new address because I am updating my book for Christams. I think there are only 110 days until Christmas. I just love that time of year. Oh, I also need your email address. I tried to send you an email but your email I have doesn't work. Hope to hear from you soon!!

Devin's Mommy said...

Hi Mandy - I just love reading your blog, even if I don't always comment (ok, even if I've never commented before).
It was great getting to see you when we were out in CA. Sorry Devin was grumpy - he's not normally.
Hope you get out from under the weather soon!