Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Big Boy

Today was "meet the teacher" day at Hayden's school, because tomorrow is the first day of school. They had BBQ'd hotdogs, chips and drinks for everyone out on the playground area, and after everyone was done eating we got to go into the classrooms to check it out and meet his teacher. She had the classroom all set up and it looked amazing! Hayden gave her a jar of his blackberry jam that we made yesterday and he was so excited to see his friends from school.

I really cannot believe that tomorrow he begins the first grade! And on Friday, we'll have a SIX year old in our house. Wow. I'm so proud of my little man though. He's turning into such a sweet smart little guy. He's always doing little things to make me smile, like picking flowers (well, weeds but I still like them) for me, giving me hugs, and making silly jokes. The questions he asks these days are so funny. He had a form to fill out for his teacher and his answers had us laughing so hard. For "What you should know about me" he put, "I am very special" Of course he is, but I just thought it was a funny thing to write for his teacher. Where it said, "Any questions you have for Mrs. Whitney?" he wrote, "How do the stars move?" and "How do you make beef jerky?" Where does he come up with these things. :)
He started soccer last week too, so hopefully I get some pictures of him out there practicing tomorrow and I can put those on here too. I better head off to bed. I have to be up early in the morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can second that! I was in need of some Hayden and Ellie hugs today since I was gone to soccer all weekend so I just dropped in and he was so ready to make gramma feel good! Thanks Hayden, you are special and I am glad you know it!
I love you,